[AT] OT, Reverse Camera

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Sun Jan 1 09:26:05 PST 2012

OK, I got a chance to look in the book for the 03 Nav.

Fuse 14 is the power for the back up lamps. This is hot all the time.
 From there the power goes to the selector switch for the gearbox.
It comes out of that switch as a violet/white stripe wire and travels to
the reverse lamp relay located in the central junction box at pin # 9.
Comes out of the relay as a black/pink stripe on pin # 20 to a junction
in the rear of the vehicle where it splits and goes to the trailer tow
connection as a black/light green stripe wire. The black/pink stripe
wire goes all the way to the back-up lamps as well.

For the camera hook up you should be able to find the violet/white
stripe wire under the dash going up into the window pillar. It also goes
up to the rear view mirror if it has the electronic mirror.

On the 07 Nav you will have it a bit easier. It has a back-up light
relay in the junction box near the battery. On it you will be looking
for a green/brown stripe wire coming out of the relay box. It also
should come into the body harness as a green/brown stripe and go  to the
mirror just like in the 03.

I have copies of the wiring for those circuits for each in pdf if you
want them.

--
Steve W.