[AT] From "Farm Collector" - using copper tubing for fuel lines.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 29 03:40:00 PST 2012

I am told that a good "poor man's undercoating" from the "old days" was
a 50/50 mix of kerosene and diesel oil applied liberally over the entire
underside of the vehicle. Spraying was best, but a brush would work too.
The downside is that your vehicle will be a little smelly for a few
days, especially if you have any holes in the floorboards.

I can tell you what doesn't work: at the town garage, the guys use a
Hotsy steam cleaner on the undersides of the trucks after spreading
salt. It may help a little, but the steel still rusts badly after on a
few years.

Mike