[AT] Fw: 1922 cleveland[cletrac] tractor - $11000 (altoona)

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Feb 18 05:23:35 PST 2012

I found that filing a complaint within 45 days is a useless activity
with Paypal.   You just have to take your chances that the buyer or
seller is genuine.  I have been lucky.  I probably have spent over $20K
with Paypal in the last 4 years and have lost less than $100...  However
when I was dealing with some surplus freight sellers, I once got a roll
of paper towels in a caterpillar sleeve box.  Even though I complained,
I got nothing.  I bought an A/C condensor for a Cat Challenger 55, and
the crate had a forklift fork stuck through it.  I refused it and sent
it back, but ended up paying for the radiator and never getting the
radiator.  This was because the site I bought it from was a close
resemblance to a scam site, and the local UPS supervisor would not file
a claim, he was certain that it was a scam...   The seller was supposed
to file a claim, but they were too busy and by the time I got someone
who spoke understandable english, it was too late to do anything.   I
broke even in my surplus freight buying and selling, but it took 2 years
to recover.....  Just my experience with paypal.  I still use it, just
be sure it is what you want to use...

Cecil in OKla