[AT] Fw: 1922 cleveland[cletrac] tractor - $11000 (altoona)

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 05:40:36 PST 2012

I let a scam run through its paces once. They wanted me to work with their shipper. They said they were going to send me a money order. I said OK. Then I got an email saying that the secretary goofed up on the $1300 money order and made it $13,000. They asked me if I could please cash the money order and give the balance to their shipper. They needed an address at that point, I said sure, here it is: Federal Bureau of Investigation, 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20535-0001. Never heard from them again....

Apparently banks will cash a money order directly, then they will wait for the funds to clear. The money orders are usually bogus and then the bank comes back at you for their funds.