[AT] Fw: 1922 cleveland[cletrac] tractor - $11000 (altoona)

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 10:54:45 PST 2012

Sure smells like a scam. Whenever they talk about their shipper or agent coming to pick up the item I get concerned. If it is a scam the next thing that will happen is they will pay you too much and ask you to pay the agent the balance when they come through.

I've worked with a buyers shipper but they never had to telegraph that point. When the day came for pickup a shipper showed up.

Smells fishy.

I used to work at a salvage yard, they had a sign on the wall: No checks. In god we trust, all others pay cash.

I always put in my craigslist ads that if you want me to work with your shipper make sure the shipper brings cash.

You can also pick up clues in the content, for instance "So kindly get back to me" does not sound very American. "my shipping arrangement" should be "shipping arrangements" "she would" should be "she will" "advice soon" sounds fishy and should be "advise soon"

Punt on this one. Tell buyer to work with their agent to get the cash to the agent. You will accept cash from the agent. Pickup will be at the Police station parking lot.

Will