[AT] Starter Gear Sticking On Shaft

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 17:57:09 PST 2012

John Deere used to (and may still) sell a lubricant with either Teflon or
silicone added. It worked great on sticky lawn mower starters---but it was
not a permanent fix, it would only seem to last a couple months. I would
think silicone spray would work just as well, especially if you got some of
the industrial grade stuff made for injection molding machines.

John Hall