[Farmall] super c transmission leaking

Stan Bass srbheadlight at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 13:51:14 PST 2012

David,
The Super C does have seals on the clutch/brake pedal shaft, but you need to drain the tranny before you pull that shaft or you will have 5 gals of gear oil in your lap ;)  The actual brake shafts I don't recall how much you need to remove to get to those from the outside (last one I did I pulled the differential and had the top off). I think there is a seal along with a large O-ring? The other common leak point is the rear axles, those you need to remove the bull gear on the inside and remove the axle assy. If you're already draining the tranny it makes sense to do all this at the same time (and would be easier to see everything if you pull the tranny case lid) but probably not what you're wanting to take on at the moment!
Stan (VA).