[Farmall] super c transmission leaking

Dale flya737 at aol.com
Sun Feb 12 08:04:30 PST 2012

I really know nothing about a Super C, but I do have a cub and SA so this might apply.  Have you checked the oil level in your transmission?  If the SC is like the SA, the X-mission takes only a small amount of oil, and quite often either gets overfilled or acquires a lot of water from rain down the gear shifter or from condensation.  This can overfill the housing and with nowhere to go, can push oil out the various seals...including the front x-mission seal and the differential seals.  Are you getting oil leaking from the drain holes in the finals?  Hopefully someone can give you more info, but this is a pretty easy check...just loosen the plug for checking the "full" level (on the cub and SA it is on the left side of the x-mission housing).  If fluid comes out, it is overfull.  If it is milky-looking...water is in it.

Good luck.
Dale