[Farmall] super c transmission leaking

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Feb 12 06:16:26 PST 2012

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think there are any seals on
those shafts - they don't actually go through the transmission; they go
through the clutch housing. And the clutch housing isn't supposed to
have ANY fluid in it. If I had to guess, you have either a leaking rear
main engine seal or a front transmission seal. Either way, you need to
split the tractor to clean up the mess. You probably have to remove the
flywheel to get at the the rear crankshaft bearing seal retainer. I have
not done that job on a Super C, so others may have more experience with
it. I have also not replaced the transmission spline shaft oil seal on
the transmission, but it is very likely that you need to remove the
clutch housing to get at it - it is hard to say without having it in
front of me.

Mike