[AT] Grain Elevator

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 6 17:27:29 PST 2012

On 2/6/2012 5:10 PM, Doug Tallman wrote:
> This is a neat video of a grain elevator run by a Ruston-Hornsby.
> http://www.nfb.ca/film/grain_elevator
>
> _____
That is a good video and it gives a very good view of the typical wooden
grain elevator here in Sask.. That is all history now although it
doesn't seem so long ago that could have been my old International truck
pulling up the driveway with a load of wheat.
The rail line is gone as are the elevators and I don't think anybody
hauls grain with a single axle truck anymore. A 40 mile round trip with
300 bushels at today's gas prices makes it an unattractive option.
According to one of the comments I see it was filmed at Wood Mountain,
Sask.

Ralph in Sask.