[AT] Tire chains

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 1 14:42:10 PST 2012

I am a firm believer in "duo-link" chains on Ag lug tires. I have them
on my Ford 860, and I NEVER run out of traction. The cost a little more
than ladder type chains, but I think they are worth the difference. Mine
can be seen in this image:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/unicorn2.html>

If you have turf tires, then regular ladder chains work fine.

I used to clear two miles of private lane, first with an Economy Jim
Dandy, then with a Farmall Cub, and then with the Ford. (Now I use a
truck - sitting out on a cold wet tractor seat stopped being fun.) I
found that chains make all the difference in the world with a two-wheel
drive tractor.

Mike