[AT] Super Ms, Ralph Video. disc brakes etc.)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 30 17:47:11 PST 2012

On 12/30/2012 6:49 PM, Gene Dotson wrote:
>      Before it gets too far from the real truth. Yes the left brake is the
> one most abused. The reason being that the land wheel has less traction on
> the undisturbed soil and trash on the surface. The furrow bottom has a
> consistent surface and gives the furrow wheel more traction. The land wheel
> tends to lose traction and start spinning. The only solution is to apply the
> brake on the land side to stop the spinning. Many tractors prevent this by
> running extra weight or a dual wheel on the land side.
>
>                                  Gene

I'm betting differential lock might have been invented for situations
like this. Although even if it is locked up and both wheels turning, if
the furrow wheel is on slippery soil it will not pull as hard as the
land wheel. Therefore the tractor would still have a tendency to pull to
the right.

Ralph in Sask.