[AT] Super Ms, Ralph Video. disc brakes etc.)

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Dec 30 19:24:07 PST 2012

    The wheel in the furrow will always have the better traction. This will
try to turn the tractor away from the furrow side. Surface irregularities
such as corn stalks, wheat straw, snow, mud or ice will cause the land wheel
to spin and have less pulling power. Applying the brake to the land wheel
transfers the pulling power to the furrow wheel to keep the tractor moving.
Diff lock does the same thing as Ralph has suggested. Either method tends to
pull the tractor out of the furrow.

    Have watched some drivers at plow days who had to use so much brake to
keep from spinning that the left brake housing would be so hot they were
Smoking. Onr guy with his newly restored Farmall H completely burned the new
paint off the left brake.

                                Gene