[AT] Super Ms, Ralph Video. disc brakes etc.)

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun Dec 30 07:43:39 PST 2012

Hi Chuck.  Yes, I can imagine how a wide front would help in that situation.
I'm betting your hillside plowing days on the Super H weren't in Dallas.  :)

I did a lot of sidehill plowing a long time ago but it wasn't with an
M-series or narrow-front tractor...it was on my dad's old Case VAH.  At the
time I didn't realize it was a high-crop, or that sidehill plowing with a
high-crop wasn't necessarily the best idea.  It was just the tractor, and
the field needed to be plowed.  Fortunately there were no incidents.  I
don't recall having to use the left brake much to keep the front end from
drifting downhill.  But I sure burned a lot of gas driving all the way back
around at the end of each furrow; the hill was steep enough I couldn't throw
uphill.

Years later, on that same hillside, I used my first Super M to rake hay.  No
trouble then either keeping the tractor straight, but after half an hour or
so I noticed how tired I was of trying to stay upright in the seat; the
slope wasn't so steep it was uncomfortable to make a single pass across it,
but steep enough that after a while it was a pain.  I was glad for fenders
to rest a stabilizing hand or foot against.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio