[AT] chop-saw

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 30 05:30:06 PST 2012

On 12/30/2012 7:06 AM, jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> Anyone here ever use a metal chop-saw form Harbor Freight? I’m looking at buying one so I can do a little better job at fabricating than using a torch or reciprocating saw. I would definitely use a name brand blade in it. Your thoughts?

My brother bought one a couple of years ago.  He used it a lot. building
a log arch among other things.  Not long after the warranty expired he
picked it up by the top handle and the saw broke at the pivot.  HF said
"tough, out of warranty".  He bought a Milwaukee and it is a much better
saw.

He keeps the broken HF unit on the wall to remind himself to never buy
something from HF with a power cord.

--
Don Bowen           AD0BR
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."