[AT] Now Ralph Video -- disc brakes

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Thu Dec 27 14:21:10 PST 2012

Ralph, thanks for yet another interesting video.

How do those disc brakes on your 40 actually work?  Is there a caliper and
brake pads that press against the disc?  Or does the disc get pressed
against the outer housing?  And how did the old brake shoe type work, before
you put the disc brakes on?

My Famll Super M has disc brakes (that press against the housing), and the
housings look about like those on your tractor.  But I've never been clear
on how they're an improvement over the friction band/brake drum types that
were used on straight Ms for all those years.  Seems less effective and more
complicated.

Thanks--

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio