[AT] quiet

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Dec 24 10:13:22 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tyler Juranek" <tylerpolkaman at gmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] quiet

> Hi Ralph,
> Does the McCormic run?
> If it is seized, try putting some desel fuel in the pistons, then take
> the crank and pull with all your strength!
Tyler, that old McCormick ran briefly about 40 years ago but it has been
seized solid ever since. My brother had a real workout getting it unseized
40 years ago. He soaked it in diesel and every other type of thing he could
think of. Even oven cleaner!. We pulled that tractor around for a long time
and all it would do was leave big ruts where the steel wheels dragged. That
engine would not unseize. He eventually had to take the head off and use a
hydraulic jack underneath a connecting rod to break it loose.
I think it will remain a lawn ornament as far as I am concerned.

Ralph in Sask.