[AT] OT - southern Sweden

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 15 08:08:02 PST 2012

On Dec 15, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Dean Vinson wrote:

> ..."Rödja Gård" in English would be "grubbed-up farm."

Even though my Grandparents were born in Sweden (Nana from Malmo), I
don't speak the language (Except for being able to say "Gothenborg"
approximately right).  But maybe "grubbed up" means "dug up from the
un-cultivated dirt by long hard labor years ago", or something like
that.

> .. I've added it to my mental list of vacation trips to
> ponder.

Another item for your list:  Sweden has canal trips on boats through
charming countryside and towns that sound delightful to me.  Many
boats seem to have cats/dogs as part of the crew, and even a
kitchenette for tea or snacks!

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net