[AT] OT Four wheelers

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Wed Dec 12 08:38:14 PST 2012

When I wound up with scoliosis, our son bought us a like new Yamaha electric
golf cart.  A builder acquaintance was unloading; caught in the recent
slowdown
We really like it.  For Don's use would definitely recommend much larger
(with lug tread) tires (and rims).  Increased tire size may be limited by
clearances required between fender area and tire; lift kits will increase
that clearance.  However, most lift kits are somewhat misleading in that
they do not increase rear axle clearance;  don't know about there effect on
the front clearance.   Also Don may have occasional use for limited slip
differential; doubt if that is available in golf carts.  Electrics are 300 -
400 # heavier. Our local small engine mechanic is not a Gator enthusiast.