[Ford-ferguson] 8N starter troubles

rdlotze at juno.com rdlotze at juno.com
Tue Dec 4 18:57:36 PST 2012

 Also a common problem is getting oil from a leaking rear main seal on
the starter shaft. The flywheel will sling oil on the bare shaft and dust
etc. will make a gummy mess and the gear will not slide in. I wash it
with WD45 and it will work until it gets gummy again. Do Mikes checks
also to see if there are electrical problems.
Dick