[AT] Loader removal - 53 NAAcFord

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Dec 3 14:02:15 PST 2012

No, the tractor in the image on my Fotki album is not a Versatile. It
was just a regular large New Holland FWA farm tractor - I know, because
I sold it, unloaded it from the delivery truck, and, after the blower
was installed, loaded it on to the flatbed for delivery. :-)

I would imagine that the New Holland badged Versatile would look very
similar, but there are no farmers around here willing to put that kind
of money into new tractors. This is a small farm region, mostly dairy
and feed corn, oats, soybeans, and (lately) sunflowers. A "big" farm
around here would be 400 acres, with most of them closer to 100 acres or
less. There are also some black dirt sod operations and a few
specialized/community operations like Genesis Farm
<http://www.genesisfarm.org/>

Most of my tractor sales were compact diesels and skid steers, not
regular farm tractors. I also sold a decent amount of manure spreaders,
balers, hay tedders, and that kind of thing - stuff that wears out
eventually and has to be replaced.

Mike