[AT] Loader removal - 53 NAAcFord

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Dec 3 12:40:23 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Sloane" <mikesloane at verizon.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Loader removal - 53 NAAcFord

> The one on that New Holland tractor was made by Erskine
> <http://www.deurimplement.com/erskine.htm>. They also make similar
> versions for JD and other machines.
>
> I don't remember ever seeing any information about reverse operation on
> New Holland tractors, but I would not be at all surprised that it was
> offered. Those are "world" tractors and are used to mount all kinds of
> specialized equipment that US farmers are not familiar with.

That "New Holland" tractor you refer to actually originated right here in
Canada when it was first built by Versatile in Manitoba back about 1975.
This was an innovative design at the time and pretty slick for a lot of
jobs. There was even a swather header attachment that could be attached to
cut crops. Our village council has one of the newer Ford New Holland bi
directional tractors to look after all the maintenance jobs iin town year
round including a Schulte snowblower that is probably blowing snow even as I
type this.

Ralph in Sask.