[AT] no mail

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 10 18:02:17 PDT 2012

On 8/10/2012 7:03 PM, John Dunlap wrote:
> Working ? on Tractors...I got a 51 T0-30 Fergi that has hydraulic issues,

Working on tractors again.  I have a distant relative of that Ferguson,
a '65 Ford 3000 with the Select-O-Speed transmission with a stripped
input shaft and Torque Limiting Clutch.  I figured after two years it
was time to work on it.  I split the tractor and found the worst fears.
To remove the input shaft the transmission has to be vertical of things
fall down to the bottom.  The way this should be done is to take the
transmission off but I just have to be different sometimes.  I thought
it would be easier to lift the tractor until the transmission would be
vertical.  I did and it worked, the shaft is out and will be sent off
for some machining Monday.

Tractor split:
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/images/split.jpg

Stripped input shaft and TLC
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/images/shaft.jpg
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/images/stripped%20clutch.jpg

Tractor up and braced
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/images/up.jpg

Input shaft ready to pull bearings and send off:
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/images/input.jpg

That red tractor with the boom is also a distant relative of that
Ferguson.  It is a Case IH DX29, CNH sold the same tractor with gray and
red instead of red and black and called it a Boomer.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU