[AT] And now for something a little different...

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sat Aug 4 16:31:13 PDT 2012

I remember in the days after that trying to get from Burlington, NC to
Edenton, NC to assist a customer.  The trip east was a bear and with
many major detours because of the flooding.  I was there for the week
and even driving back several days later the evidence of the flooding
was very apparent.

Few years earlier (ok a lot of years earlier) when I was taking driver's
ed in the summer (1972 as I remember) we had a couple weeks of nearly
constant rainfall.  The creek near the high school was over the road for
several days - several feet over and all due to shoddy road construction
further down the creek.

David
NW NC