[AT] Re Driving to Unionville Missouri

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Aug 2 05:17:53 PDT 2012

It is not an accident that the military version of GPS is MUCH more
accurate than the civilian version. The civilian version has errors
actually built into the system for a very simple reason: it would not be
a good thing if an enemy were to use GPS to aim weapons at American
armed units using readily available inexpensive GPS devices. Military
equivalents of the commercial units have circuitry that corrects the
error, down to inches. It is the same with the satellite views from
Google Earth - the military versions can actually read facial details
and license plate numbers on vehicles and provide positioning down to
the second.

Mike