[AT] Re Driving to Unionville Missouri

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 2 05:14:55 PDT 2012

They all work from the same satellites.   The government has the right and
ability to introduce a small error into the satellite signal in order to
slightly decrease the accuracy of the civilian versions.
This only throws them off a few feet, generally around 30' I believe.  The
military units have the code to take the error out.    I have an old 2nd
generation GPS that came out just after GPS became available to the public.
It sees and reads every satellite in view, which is generally 10 or 11, just
like the military units do.