[Farmall] 340 Utility hydraulics

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Mon Aug 27 06:22:20 PDT 2012

I don't think we contradicted each other very much.  I think when we looked
at the statements:  "I pulled the plate for the filter and the oil was
white. I know I have water in oil." we drew different conclusions on how
contaminated the oil is and whether the problem is more from water suspended
in the oil vs. solid contaminants.  Thus my bigger emphasis on flushing out
the old oil, yours on cleaning the suction side of the hydraulics.  You
probably have a better idea than I on the minimum amount of oil to get it to
circulate.

Neither of us mentioned the orifice in the pressure control circuit.  I
assume the 340 system has one of them.  I have no idea where it is on that
model tractor.  It may be a good place to clean first.

By the way, the 240 has a separate hydraulic reservoir.

Jim