[AJD] JD paint

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sun Aug 19 12:06:08 PDT 2012

Dean,
     I pretty much concur.  Those wrong shades of green really upset me,
and they usually are too dark.  I can only stand on the colors of
two-cylinder letter series of 1948,  numbered series of 1955, and new
generation series of early 1966.  I have all three with some original
paint.  The green matches JD Classic.  Yellows are all different
variations of faded paint.  From near white to rust.  I always say,
"there is John Deere green paint, and there is green John Deere paint."
you make your choice.  They are different.
     PPG is excellent paint.  Has been my choice for aircraft, trucks,
and autos for many years with DuPont Imron stuck in there once in
awhile.  It is expensive, though.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA