[AJD] JD paint

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sun Aug 19 10:33:31 PDT 2012

Bill,
     You are probably right about the color being affected by sunlight.
That is still a deal breaker for me.  I have a brown Farmall, or at
least that is what the family calls it.  IH paint fade, color change in
prolonged sunlight.  I sort of like things to stay the proper color if
at all possible.  I know red is hard to keep from fading and IH used
something cheap, I assume.
     Eric is in Nebraska.  What the heck brand of paint do you suppose
he is going to recommend?...............VanSickle from Lincoln.  It is
good paint and I use it all the time and actually prefer it.  I just
have no experience with their Deere colors.  I do know their IH color is
the new shade and for the older tractors they recommend New Holland red
for the proper shade.  I have not experimented with that yet, but I
bought a can.   I use their rattle can tractor and equipment paints on
all sorts of things.  Covers very well and is my top of the heap rattle
can recommendation.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA