[AT] OT- The red monster

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Fri Aug 17 04:50:31 PDT 2012

I looked at the auction pics and saw the 1941 IH KB-6 truck. Except for the
different paint (mine has the standard IH Dark Green that was one of the two
colors available on a 1945 civilian truck) it looks identical to mine. Makes
me want to find the time to get it restarted.... Also, I thought it
interesting that the irrigation pipe for the farm was not included in the
auction. Here, sprinkler pipe is getting harder and harder to get used as
there is so much demand with the switchover to solid sets and the move away
from furrow irrigation. Also a big factor is the dramatic run-up in price
for new pipe and the very poor economic conditions for the vegetable
business. Here produce including berries drives everything agricultural
except the cattle business.
         Grant Brians
         Hollister,California vegetable, fruit and nuts farmer