[AT] no mail

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Aug 11 04:42:00 PDT 2012

Yes, that was taken a few years back. Until I gave up on the mower, I
was using it behind an International 240U, which didn't even breathe
hard cutting thick grass up to a foot high. There is no gearbox on the
mower -  the drive has a single long belt taking half a dozen 180° turns
in both directions plus two right angle twists, putting a strain on it
that even a Kevlar reinforced belt cannot handle. And changing the belt
is a long and difficult dirty job. It was not, in my humble opinion, one
of Woods' better designs. Current Woods finish mowers use a gearbox from
the PTO and then a pretty much standard flat belt drive to the three
blades. I got several years out of the mower, but now it is time to move on.

Mike