[AT] Ford 3000 SOS input TLC and shaft

k7jdj at aol.com k7jdj at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 16:43:44 PDT 2012

Good pictures.  Since this seems to be a known failure point is there an improved replacement?  I have had similar issues on John Deere shafts on hydraulic pumps and the transmission input shaft on my JD 350 crawler.  The JD 350 problem is a $1200 plus part!  The failure on your part is different than what I see on the JD stuff.

The JD failures tend to be excessive wear and twisting of the shaft  I always put the coupling and shafts together with heavy wheel bearing grease but not sure it does any good.

Gary

Renton, WA.