[AT] grain drill and alfalfa

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Apr 21 20:03:00 PDT 2012

John,

I have an original John Deere Operators Manual for the Model "B" Drill dated
June of 1954. The index setting for alfalfa assumes 60 lbs per bushel and
the Grass seed index setting is also dependant on whether your drill has 6",
7" or 8" spacing.

FOR 6" SPACING THE CLOSEST SETTING WOULD BE "6" FOR 23 LBS PER ACRE
FOR 7" SPACING THE ClOSEST Setting would be '6" for 19 lbs per acre
FOR 8" SPACING THE CLOSEST SETTING WOULD BE "6" FOR 17 LBS PER ACRE OR "8"
FOR 23 LBS PER ACRE

I also have an original JD Operators Manual for the Fertilizer Attachment
No. 147 for the model "B" drill.

Dean Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA