[AT] Chain saw sharpening

Jason dejoodster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 19:09:08 PDT 2012

Since it's an electric saw, I'll assume it doesn't have a clutch like a gas
powered saw, thus you can't manually slide the chain around.

I can't imagine why you can't sharpen the chain on the saw. You could use a
sharpie to mark which teeth you've sharpened then give it a quick burst as
you said and sharpen the remaining teeth.  Or just remove the bar entirely
and sharpen the chain on the bar. If the bar isn't too worn, you shouldn't
need to tension the chain as long as the chain sits nicely in the bar.

Jason DeJoode
Eagan, MN