[AT] OT: Retiring from roof work

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Tue Apr 3 07:51:23 PDT 2012

My father walked around the top of the roofless silo on his grandfather's homestead in Colorado.  It was around 1912-1914, and Dad discovered that he could keep his balance if he carried a long pole (ala circus performers.)  He said his "performance" was severely hampered when his grandmother came out of the house, yelled at him, and scared him enough that he dropped the pole.

Larry