[AT] Ford 5000 Hydraulic lift cylinder

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Apr 30 21:22:58 PDT 2012

Anyone got a source for a hyd lift cylinder for a 5000 Ford w/o the load
monitor??

I pulled the top deck today to repair the PTO clutch and find out why
the lift would not lower.   I followed the directions in the I&T shop
manual, and it stated to pull the hydraulic lift cover then remove the
pipe and filter to the hyd pump.   The Hyd filter had a pipe that screws
into the side of the hyd lift cylinder.  Where the pipe screws into the
cylinder is now broken in half.  A replacement cylinder is about
$1500.00 !!!!!   I was trying to get the tractor ready to take to a
auction sale.  I really do not know if we broke it today or it has been
cracked for a long time and gave way a couple of years ago.

Anyway, I have to find a cylinder or maybe overbore the old hole, and
screw in a bushing, then rethread the bushing.  I can do it, but it
would be much better done by an old machinist friend of mine.

Anyone have any experience?

Cecil in OKla