[AT] Oliver S55 oil filter seal

Nagel, Alan F alan-nagel at uiowa.edu
Sat Apr 21 09:19:58 PDT 2012

Under very heavy load the oil filter on my Oliver Super 55 (gasoline) springs a leak at the gasket and once popped right clean off.
1.  general remedies? (and can too much oil in the sump contribute?)?
2..  I've had mixed reports of whether the pressure restriction tube that  projects into the filter may remedy the problem.
And anyway, I can't for the life of me figure out how the tube I bought to replace the missing one fits into the filter housing.  Recommendations? and explanation of how it goes in?  (Maybe it doesn't on a replacement housing?)

Alan Nagel