[AT] Chain saw sharpening

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 05:00:38 PDT 2012

Liability is a Big thing here Mattias. It seems equipment is becoming more
and more safeguarded to the point it can sometimes more dangerous.

 I imagine the reason he can't turn the chain is due to no clutch (as was
already pointed out) and a matter of gear reduction.

Like Dave said, you aren't going to mess it up filing by hand as long as you
attempt to follow the original contour and are only touching it up. If you
can remove the entire bar and clamp it in a vise (across the middle so as
not to collapse the groove the chain runs in) it should be pretty easy.

John Hall