[AT] Rusty Iron spotted on Houston 610 loop

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 6 16:09:50 PDT 2012

On 4/5/2012 4:25 PM, john hall wrote:
> We just junked out a running horizontal mill at work. It was worth more in
> scrap than we could sell it for. I imagine a lot of potentially good stuff
> is going to the junkyard these days.
>
> John

Well here is a piece of old IH iron that I rescued from the scrap iron
yard. I did a little sheet metal replacement on the bottom end, turned
the hammers, got a friend to do some fancy sheet metal bending and
welding for the discharge elbow and now I think I have a working
International hammer mill. I lined it up on the belt with the Cockshutt
40 yesterday to see if everything turns smoothly. I posted this video
link at the new forum but I know hardly anybody goes there to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgUbrz5Zjc8

Ralph in Sask.