[AT] Steam engine boilers

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Apr 6 04:08:33 PDT 2012

Riveting was about the only way to put metal together prior to the days of
electric arc welding.  That is why the steam boilers were riveted.   If the
culvert was built in those days it would likely have been riveted too.
However,
a culvert would surely be a good reuse of an old boiler tube so it's hard to
say one way or the other.

Charlie