[AT] Chain saw sharpening

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sun Apr 1 07:47:14 PDT 2012

Thanks for so many great suggestions.   Based on everything I've read, I
will for sure avoid the electric systems as those would only allow me to
destroy a usable chain that much faster.

If I had anyone around here who I could watch sharpen a chain without the
use guide, I would spend some time with them watching and learning.

Since that's not an option, I will probably order the guide to get me
started.  They say it does not come with any files, that they must be
purchased locally.

My questions are:

Any idea what size/type files I should get?

I should also probably get a spare chain. I looked at Oregon's site to see
if I could get a cross reference on the Worx chain (Worx WA0159) and they
only list a 16" chain for Worx, mine is 18".   I have no problem with
ordering a Worx brand chain, but they are almost $30. I was hoping that the
Oregon brand would be less expensive. Does anyone know what Oregon chain
would fit the Worx 18" saw?

Again, thanks for so many great ideas and for sharing your experiences.

Dick