[AT] OT: Retiring from roof work

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Apr 1 05:12:15 PDT 2012

Dean:
I hope you heal up from this very soon.  In the last 2 years it feels
like I have aged 10 years.  Probably from taking care of my bedridden
Father before he passed away.   Dad would stand on the top of the
ricketiest ( if that is a word!) ladder we had on the place.  He gave me
a lot of crap about buying some good ladders when we built the last
steel building here.  I weigh nearly 300 lbs and am 6ft tall, so when I
hit the ground there is a lot of cracking going in.  Not just the
pavement either.  I have found the best thing is a platform on a
forklift or a loader to get up to high places.   When the Internet
broadband guy came around, he was amazed that I would get out the big
forklift and platform to lift him up to the peak of the house.  ( about
20 ft)  He was going to use a ladder to get on the edge and walk up the
roof then hang over to mount the antenna.

You just cannot beat a scaffold or a large piece of machinery.  I really
hate ladders.  I bought a bucket truck last year and need to get it
running to use to repair some lighting here.

Glad to hear you are ambulatory.

Cecil in oKla