[AT] best parts counter service

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Fri Sep 30 14:58:28 PDT 2011

Stock order vs Special order is always there, John, regardless of whether another dealership is on the daily delivery route.  Stock order means that the customer can wait until the part comes in as a regular order action and no shipping will be attached.  Special order means to ship it now and the customer will be assessed for the shipping charges.  Not every part is a part of a normal dealer's inventory, so when you are shopping for hardware ask the counter man if it is normally stocked?  If it is, then another dealer may have it and be able to get it to you overnight with no extra charge.  If it isn't, then you will either have to wait for the next stock order or else be ready to pay for the shipping.  In my experience, dealerships place stock orders twice each week. If you are working for a dealership that has a contract with another retail outlet (Lowes, for instance) then coordinating the pickup and delivery between the dealership and the additional retailer can make the difference between making or loosing money when doing warranty service.

YMMV.

Larry