[AT] Shop ceiling

robbrut at aol.com robbrut at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 04:28:22 PDT 2011

Mike-
Is it the insu;ation in your place the treated stuff ?
Mine is, and after i read your response, I went up to the attic again (been 6 months since last time) to check (and also to get the glass panel to swap for the screen panel in my storm door).
I checked the floor, eaves and over/under the catwalk boards that span the joists over 1/3 of the area.
Nothing, nothing at all.
No tunnels, no surface disturbance, no s**t.
I even used a broomstick to lift/stir up the particles in some bays, and found no trace of anything at all, except in one spot on the top surface of the insulation right next to an outside wall.
There happens to be a gap in the clapboard there abive the insulation level.
It's not more tha 3/8" wide, and there's a lapped-over board fairly closely above it.
So I got a small mirror and a Harbor Frieght (free) flashlight and looked up into the space between the two pieces of wood and sure enough, a little batface was looking right into the mirror.
So I just said hello and thanks for the good work, and departed.
Mike, I don't know why you have those uninvited guests and I don't, but it may be the type of material the former owner used.
-Bruce