[AT] CAT D2 Bushings?

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 04:24:56 PDT 2011

Richard,

I did not get the parts yet. Sorry, I don't need complete tracks....

We had purchased to very good tracks years ago along with good sprockets. Problem was that the tracks were one link short for the 56 D2 5U.

Our D2 had one horribly shot track and another that was bad but still usable. We used one of the good tracks and a master link from the other to make one track. So, our remaining good track is one link short.

I'm in Pennsylvania and the dozer is in upstate NY. If it was her in PA I would have taken measurements from existing parts and machined something up... We have plenty of spare links now... (the two old tracks) I was thinking that I would machine two sets of master pins, that way I would not have to press a standard link in? And now I forget if the link itself is different for the master pin to be inserted? Maybe I'll have to do some milling on one of the links?

Regards,

Will