[AT] wrecked already

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 3 06:11:32 PDT 2011

Good to hear that she is doing well.
Brings back memories (oooolld memories).  Our farm varied from black dirt
to light sand. Riding a bike in sand was difficult, even if one was very
observant.  The sand could be hard or top couple inches real dry and loose,
in which case turning was difficult.  The only good thing about that was it
was difficult to pump so one was normally going quite slow and the loose
sand provided a relatively soft landing.  So I was not prepared for the
first time I experienced a film of gravel on a blacktop or concrete road.
I immediately realized that soft sand was not so bad.
Herb