[AT] Ford Diesel

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed Oct 12 06:08:03 PDT 2011

Lots of Ford diesels of varying ages were built in England. My Diesel 4610
(built in 1984) was assembled in Basildon where I toured the now New Holland
plant back in 1999. Even before the New Holland transition, the Basildon and
before that one other factory assembled tractors ranging as large as the
8000 range. Usually the reason why one of these would not properly adjust
the throttle setting upon use of the throttle control is that there is
either a linkage stuck or a loose clamp on the injection pump throttle
connection. VERY easy to find everything on them and diagnose most issues.
Also, manuals are readily available if the problem is more involved and
dealer service should be very easy to get from a New Holland mechanic.
     If on the other hand it is an actual compact like Mike references, then
although they are simple, they are very differently designed internally on
the fuel system. Again, though the issue should be external to the injection
pump....
           Grant Brians
           Hollister,California vegetable, fruit and nuts farmer