[AT] in cab refrigerators?

Alan Nadeau ajnadeau1 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 09:28:13 PDT 2011

Charlie, your, and others, comment on glowing/flaming exhaust hits pretty
close to home.

 It's been nearly 50 years since my farming days.  I can still see in my
mind  the blue and orange fire from the exhaust of the Allis as I made my
way back
 home in the dark after a long day of plowing.

It also hits close to the heart.  I worshipped my Grandfather and Uncle and
remember my Uncle on the 520 they had and taking him a supper of sandwiches
after milking when it was plowing time.

This is from an article that I wrote which was published in Green Magazine
quite a few years ago, way back when ATIS was running on the Forsyth County
computers.

" I do remember seeing my uncle plowing with the 520. We had a new 3 bottom
3 pt plow. The 520 had the orchard style exhaust that ran down under the
rear axle. At night plowing the exhaust manifold and muffler would glow red.
"

As I was searching for that old file I noticed that it was originally
written in 1995, so it was indeed a while ago.  I don't know if I ever
posted it here but if anybody wants I can do that.   It appeared in GM as
one of the "Through the Years With Different Deeres" articles.

.