[Farmall] Need Expert Opinion

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Thu Oct 27 13:32:27 PDT 2011

I agree on the parallel resistor not cutting the current in half. It would
have halved the total resistance and therefore doubled the current, which
would have in turn been split in half at the coil/resistor common tie
point. Net result, same current flowing in the coil. This is all assuming
that the resistor was of the same resistance as the coil resistance. If
the resistor was a lot smaller resistance than the coil resistance, it
would carry a bigger portion of the total current and would result in a
smaller current going to the coil. It would also mean that the resistor
would have to have a lot higher wattage value due to all the extra heat it
would have to deal with. But I measured what I believe to be the complete
resistor and it was essentially equal to the coil resistance. So that
doesn't wash either.

But like you implied earlier, who knows what the PO was thinking.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.