[AT] When Farming Was Hard Work!

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Wed Oct 19 18:32:54 PDT 2011

Dean, George,
	I grew up in Detroit (when it was still a great city) in the late
30's and 40's. For some strange reason, however, my father seemed to
make it a point to take me to the "country" from time to time and made
it a point to be sure that I met a few of the farmers who lived in the
area. It's hard to remember just when I realized how hard these
farmers worked, and how they really had no days "off." I've carried
those memories for years. I still marvel at the work (and the WORK
ETHIC) of my friends who farm and although I am glad that none of my
boys went into farming I think I have made sure that all 4 of them
know what it means to "farm!"
	Dave